After 4 - Blackout
After 4 - Blackout
After 4 - Blackout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fourth After the Apocalypse site.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You have unlocked Reina!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

You have unlocked Reina! Empty
PostSubject: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 am

Aleks opened the doors of the supermarket. It was the only lit up place around, but the trees heavily concealed the light from nightcrawlers and other shadows. Next to the door was what seemed like a little fast food niche, but it was turned into an infirmary;tables with lights and medicinal supplies filled it. The rest was just, well, aisles. "The bathrooms are next to the Infirmary on the far left." said Aleks. "The campsite is in the middle. Once you are ready to do so, drag something to sleep on, like a sleeping bag, and put it in the campsite with everything else."
He had explained this so much times. His head was aching, so he went to the Infirmary and picked some aspirin from the slanted shelf once used for holding food.
Back to top Go down
https://afterfourroleplay.forumotion.com
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:30 am

Reina quickly folllowed Aleks into the supermarket, immediately looking around at the amazing wonders that was a giant variety of food and drinks as well as actually clean things to sleep on. In her world, this place was a dream come true. As she glanced at everything she previously didn't have, she finally realized the greatest thing of all: they had electricity. [color=coral]"Oh my gosh, this place is amazing!" She squealed with the happiest grin she had flashed in quite a long time. "And you live here? How many other people live here? Is it just you, or does that Zex and Morose person live here too? Do you have to deal with shadows in here?" She had so many question in what seemed like so little time. So much so that she didn't exactly expect for Aleks to answer them all.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:40 am

"Yes. Around half a dozen. Who? And this place is too far from town and the path is too steep and wooded for shadows to bother checking us.
Or so the note said... Aleks though, almost taking it out. He didn't want to explain, though.
Here. After you get done eating, we can exchange stories in the camp. Maybe someone will be there."
He knew that they were probably out scavenging for extra goodies like he had, for it was late afternoon and wouldn't get dark for 4 more hours, but it was a possibility. Aleks just wanted to lie down.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:52 am

Reina was actually rather surprised that Aleks was able to answer all of those questions, but she simply shrugged off the surprise and kept on with her happy-go-lucky attitude. Nodding at him, she threw her arms up in the air to stretch. "Well, yeah. I'm going to grab a few snacks. I'll be at the little camp in a few. Meet you there?" But before she waited on an answer, she was already edging her way towards the aisles, hoping to find something there that she hadn't had in forever, which was almost everything junk food. That was something she was craving, especially something like Fruit by the Foot. That sounded amazing at that moment.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:01 am

Aleks couldn't help but smile at her eagerness to eat. The apocalypse does this to people.
He walked over to the campsite, where beds, sleepingbags, and couches were. Aleks layed down on the Full sized bed he used with a tired sigh, taking off the leather fingerless gloves he used. He randomly jumped to the thought that he needed a gun. A sidearm.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 am

And literally after only a few minutes, Reina came back to the camp site with loads of food filling her hands. Boxes and bags of fruit snacks and Cheetos filled her arms as well as a few Cokes and water bottles. This place was the best. She didn't even know how she could have lived anywhere else, especially on bread for so long. She found a reason for living :'D *shot*. Over the huge amount of food stockpiled in her arms, Reina gave Aleks a large smile before plopping down on a couch that was nearby. "Okay, I think I'm all set for the next lifetime," she joked as she was already digging through a bag of Cheetos that was sitting atop the pile. After getting cheesy fingers to match the messy face, she turned to Aleks and blinked before holding the bag out towards him. "Want some?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:34 am

"No thanks." said Aleks, awkwardly sitting up. "You do know we don't have infinite food here, and we'll run out within the next two or so years if you are going to eat that much at one frequently." he warned. He was rubbing his head. He would rub at his temples, but he'd open up the gash once more. It sat as a scar, running along the top of his head and covered halfly by jagged black hair.
He took some iced tea from a nearby freezer instead, unscrewing the cap. "So. Give me your backstory. Where you were during the start of this hell. Everything leading to now."
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:54 am

Reina only blinked at Aleks's first statement. "Oh, I'm not eating all of this in one sitting. This is my stash so no one else can take it once that food runs out. This bag of Cheetos will definitely suffice for today." She then shoved the other boxes and bags of food underneath the couch as the boy continued on with his request to hear her story. Putting the nearly empty bag down, she tried to think back. "Well, it started when I started school over the summer quite a few weeks back. It was kinda like college with the dorms and everything, but a little less strict and demanding. Anyway, so I was staying with this girl, my roommate, named Ashleigh. We quickly became pretty good friends, but that day when everything started, she had gone out with her boyfriend to... well, somewhere, and then the shadows attacked everything. I'm honestly surprised I made it out alive. I simply hid in the basement of the building until they all passed. I guess they're not a big fan of checking underground. Anyway, so I hid down there for a few days finding cans of food that was actually rather disgusting before I even dared to go outside, but when I finally did, the entire town was deserted; not a living soul in sight. Knowing I had to get out of there and try to find someone that was definitely not dead, I headed out of the building only to find a few shadows still lurking about so I knew I needed something to defend myself. So, I found my way to a gun shop near the dorms which wasn't exactly the greatest place to put it, but it definitely came in handy. That's where I got these two," She told him, resting her hands back on her hips over the two revolvers. "Well, after that, I quickly found out I had terrible aim and had no idea how to use these stupid things. But, I still managed to kill a few monstrosities before having to get ammo for them which wasn't very hard to do. After that, I grabbed a stray book bag lying in the road next to some guy that wasn't exactly torn to shreds, but it took me quite a while to get the guts to take it from him. The guy was a mess; never seen anything like it... until I started rummaging through houses for supplies. Man, that was some scary stuff. Blood everywhere; entrails lying about. Suicide notes, random, freaky, blood-written messages. I encountered this through the few towns I went through, yet I didn't find anyone alive. I swear I searched everywhere. I finally found someone down a few blocks from here. I can't remember the street name, though. The guy I met, his name was Zex. He's the one that was feeding me bread and water for the couple weeks that I've been here. I also met a girl named Morose. I have no idea where she disappeared to, though. Then, after getting sick of bread, I found you walking into the hotel. And... that's about it."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:10 am

Before her story, Aleks chuckled. "Don't worry. I was only kidding. We took food from everywhere in town. Even with 100 people, we could last decades with the mountains of boxes in the back."
It was as easy as an apocalypse got.
He then fell onto his back, folding his hands over his chest and listening tentatively. The story would have made him feel guilty if he hadn't just moved in a week ago and therefore also went through hardships. He still had the scar from his first run in with a nightcrawler.
When the story ended, Aleks kept the neutral face. "Good thing you are here now. There are no bodies here." he said, a comforting spark in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:15 am

By the end of her story, Reina's gaze had dropped to the ground. Reliving everything again in her head was almost as big a nightmare as actually being there. Thankfully by now, though, she had had time to cope with the situation better than how she had started out. Now, seeing dead people and dealing with the smell and destruction of places was normal... or as normal as it could get. "Yeah..." She muttered before suddenly snapping her head back up and giving Aleks a small, meek smile. "And I'm glad to be here. So much.. everything! This is definitely a dream home. Why didn't I think of moving into a supermarket sooner? I guess it's because I'm sure Wal-Mart or Kroger wouldn't be too happy to see one of the break rooms taken up by all my stuff," She joked.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:24 am

"Can't be unhappy if you're dead." said Alecks suddenly, in a sudden tone that sounded harsher than he intended. Why'd she joke around so much? Did she know half the world was probably dead? Did she know they'd be lucky to survive a year? Alecks was jealous. That happy humorous part of him had been nearly impossible to unlock since the apocalypse, and here she is able to crack a joke after telling such a horror-filled story.
"Sorry." he murmured in a low voice.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:33 am

Reina suddenly stopped at Aleks's snapping at her. It wasn't exactly every day now that someone got annoyed with her, and here she was, the first day back with someone and she had already ticked them off. Although, from his statement, she kind of knew why he was so aggravated. He was right. Most of the world was indeed dead, gone. Poof. Just like that in a matter of days; hours probably. It was an extremely harsh world they lived in. Reina knew that, yet she couldn't stand to think of the past. It hurt too much. Through all of her experiences on her journey to this place, she had learned to set her sights on the future and what it could hold; the possibilities of a new life when the shadows no longer took over the earth. Were her hopes too high? Probably, but she just couldn't think of the world as a keeper of death and depression. Finally, she took a deep breath and snapped out of her short-lived daze when Aleks suddenly apologized. "No, no. It's okay. I understand if I'm starting to annoy you."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:42 am

OOC:There was no statement. All that was thought. XD

Aleks didn't answer, but sat up to drink some tea. Suddenly, the sound of the doors opening was heard. Aleks sat up as a pretty brunette girl with eyes the same color as his turned the corner. She was holding a whip, though it seemed more like a twisted sex toy.
"Hey Aleks. You here? I wanted to hit you with my new-"
She looked up, seeing a new face in the campsite. "Oh. Sorry. I've got..."
She disappeared past the aisle, followed by an awkward silence.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:47 am

OOC: oh it was? o.o whoops. You said "said Aleks suddenly" so I thought you meant he said that out loud cx eh.. oh well~

Reina quickly turned and faced the girl just as soon as she darted away, only catching a glimpse of what was in her hand. "Uh... Who was that?" She asked curiously, digging into the bag of Cheetos she still had in her hand once more.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:24 pm

"My twin sister." Aleks said awkwardly. "Her name is Alice. She is quite annoying."
Aleks let out what sounded like a laugh, though small. It had already started to get dark. "More people might appear soon."
He always liked nighttime at the supermarket, where everyone was walking around and it didn't seem so much like an apocalypse but more like a sleepover in a Walmart where everything was free. He had to try out those video games sometime.

OOC: He likes to plan ahead.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Reina nodded as she finally dropped the bag onto the floor. "Don't worry I will pick that up later. But I hope more people show up. I wanna meet more people," she told Aleks with an excited smile.

Last edited by Reina Johnson on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 pm

"Some of them are a bit..." Aleks took a sip of tea, trying to find a word to explain them. "...hostile."
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:19 pm

The "hostile" part of that suddenly made her stop and think. She didn't want anyone to hate her, let alone think of her as an enemy, yet the more she thought about it, the more reasonable it became. Of course some people would be hostile. It now seems to be part of nature to be that way, especially since they have all been dealing with shadows until coming here. "Well, then I can't wait to meet the ones who are nice," She replied, her smile weakening to a small grin.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:29 pm

"Heh." was his only reply, along with a half hearted smile. He leaned back once more, letting his head touch the bed. It wasn't that anyone was mean. There was just the paranoid green haired girl that seemed to half to give a full inspection of people by staring at them. She then usually proceeded to give off a harsh aura to them for no reason. Then there was Darren. Aleks cringed as he remembered him almost making them sleep in the small shelves, as if the shadows wouldn't look into them and find them at the same rate as if they were in the open. He angered him at some points, but it was because he was condescending and arrogant, but not mean. So really, none of the people were classified under that category. Especially not Minnie.
And like that, Aleks seemed in a daze once more; his tea was resting on his chest, held up by his hand, as he stared at the lighted ceiling. Light. Such a thing was rare these days.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm

As the conversation fell silent, so did Reina. She took the time to finally let her head fall back so that it was leaning back on the cushion of the couch which seemed to be much softer than usual. That was when she finally realized how sleepy she was. After all, staying in a house that was practically surrounded by shadows almost every minute wasn't exactly a place she could call home, and with that threat, it was extremely difficult to actually have time to rest. But here, she finally felt safe and comfortable for the first time in ages; and this couch felt like a cloud, but all the while she wanted to sleep, she wanted to wait up for everyone. Trying to get the conversation going, she tried to think of something to say. "Whatcha thinkin' about?" was the only thing she could come up with.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:48 pm

"Home." answered Aleks in a monotonous voice. "I am thinking about a time before the attack. When my friends and I used to hang out at the Wendy's. Try to pick up chicks and fail miserably. I remember going to that fancy expensive school my mom and dad could easily afford. We were pretty wealthy."
"I remember I was at the market with Alice. I remember the darkness. The screaming. The blood. That was when the nightcrawler attacked me; tore up my chest before I could shove a pipe up it's mouth so far it stuck out the other end. I remember running from them, taking shelter in the hotel. Finding that note. The note from the dead guy. He was dead, he was dead, but he found hope in whomever could find that fucking note. He found hope in the human race, and that is why he led us here. Home."
It had all come back to him. Everything. It hit him like a ton of bricks. He didn't like to dwell on the past. But, there he was, and he was spilling his memories like she was his therapist; like there was a way to fix what had happened. He sometimes would think he was in a never-ending nightmare. That he had just had a large shelf fall on him at the market, and he was in a coma. That he'd wake up to the smiling faces of his family. Alice, his parents. His 10 year old younger brother Jonathan.
"They killed him. My brother. Alice and I ran in, but it was too late. They killed everyone." his voice was sort of a plea. "Why? Why would anything do that? What fucking monsters would kill for the hell of it?"
But he thought of war, and how humans too killed each other for the hell of it. Why was this any different?
He closed his eyes, and stayed silent after that.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:00 am

Reina took a deep breath as she contemplated on his story. So that's how his past was; so much different from hers. He actually saw everyone die while Reina simply hid like a coward while everyone around her fell. What made it even worse was the fact that she hadn't even thought about her parents or her sister; she barely thought about her best friend. What kind of person was she not to think about them? Was her vision of the future clouding her thoughts to much, or was it a good thing that she wasn't pondering over the past like that? There were so many confusing thoughts that she couldn't wrap her head around. "I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that. It must have been so hard for you to see all those things," she finally said in a low voice.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:05 am

Silence followed. Inside Aleks was beating himself up for saying that. Finally, he said: "I don't need your pity. I need your will. I need to know you will fight with me, and all the others in this Walmart, and help take these bastards down."
He held out his hand, staring her dead in the eye.
Back to top Go down
Reina

Reina

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:17 am

Reina quickly sat up as the feeling in the room turned from devastation to a sense of determination. She immediately turned to face Aleks, who by that point was holding his hand out to her. Taking a moment to stare at his open hand and then back into his eyes, all Reina could manage to do at the moment was nod and grab his hand with hers and shake it. After that moment, she finally found her voice again. "I will do anything to help out," She managed to say.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:19 am

Aleks shook it, grinning sincerely for the first time in his life. He let out a laugh, once that would make her laugh as well, as he continued shaking her hand in a real happiness. They could really fight. "Well then. Welcome to the Resistance!"

OOC:Aaaaand scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You have unlocked Reina!   You have unlocked Reina! Empty

Back to top Go down

You have unlocked Reina!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
After 4 - Blackout :: Aurora, Colorado :: Supermarket-
Jump to: