After 4 - Blackout
After 4 - Blackout
After 4 - Blackout
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The fourth After the Apocalypse site.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin
Jay

Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) Empty
PostSubject: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Aleks had taken up the job that day of watchman. It was kind of boring, but he thought he'd find it nice to sit up in the sun. He could also get a tan. Bitches love tans.
But, as he climbed the ladder to the roof, he found it to be both cold and cloudy. Groaning at his bad luck, Aleks sat on the lawn chair propped near the front of the building, a shotgun he had found in the back in his hand. He didn't really know how to use one too well, but no use guarding if you cannot attack.
OVer the next hour, he had sat tiredly, resorting to playing a game on the hendheld device he had brought up. That was when something wet lightly touched his arm. He had thought he had imagined it at first, but looked at the place he felt it at. A water droplet was sitting there. He looked up to see if it was raining, but it wasn't. White flakes slowly fell through the air, landing on the ground to dissolve almost immediately. It was snowing.
Back to top Go down
https://afterfourroleplay.forumotion.com
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Darren came up. "Hey do you want me to take over..." His sentence trailed off when he noticed to snow flakes gently falling.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Aleks smirked at the snow slightly. Not turning, he said. "Fine, but I am staying up here."
Buttoning up his jacket, he got out of the chair, patting it for Darren.
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Darren shook his head. "It's yours. And I like standing. Helps the leg muscles, ya know?" So he went and stood by the edge of the building, looking over to watch the flakes drift down to the ground, only to melt.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Having nothing to really do, Minnie had decided to spend the day at the supermarket. However, by noon, she was realizing what a terrible mistake this had been. The girl had walked about ten laps of the store now, and was getting bored of it. She had reached the front once again, where all the huge windows were. Minnie glanced out of them for a moment before doing a double-take. She couldn't believe her eyes: it was snowing!

Wanting to stand in it, but not exposed on the ground, the girl climbed to the rooftop. Once there, she discovered Aleks and Darren were already watching the snow. Minnie cleared her throat and said, "Snowing in October." She chuckled once.
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Darren looked over at the approaching girl. Without looking caught off guard he coughed once and shrugged. "Nothing surprises me anymore." he murmured.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Aleks hadn't sat down. He chuckled at their comments as the girl appeared up the ladder. "Well, it can get negative 100. So long as it subdues those fuckers." he said, holding binoculars to his face. He could make out the skyscrapers of Aurora.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Minnie paused when Aleks made the comment about the temperature.
"Wait, negative 100?" She shivered at the thought, and hugged her jacket closer. "I suppose that is a plus, that the shadows would rather stay out of the snow."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 pm

"I doubt they did well in the rain either." Aleks said. He remembered the day Clove came, and it had poured. He grimaced at the awkwardness.
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:24 pm

Darren shifted his feet. "I wonder if they can freeze."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Minnie moved over towards where Aleks and Darren were on the roof, brushed off the little snow that had begun accumulating, and sat down near the edge.
"Freezing would be helpful," she commented.
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Darren nodded and laughed. "Just picture it. Shadow icicles." The idea put a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Morose

Morose

Location : The Wonderful World of Sandlyness, Population: Sand

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:33 pm

"Even if they could, more would be sent in their place..." A voice commented. Morose was staking out the superstore and had heard the voices from the roof so decided to climb the building to investigate
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Aleks frowned at the newcomer. "If a few spontaneously freeze, they'll all spontaneously freeze; no matter how much there are." he retorted, crossing his arms.
Back to top Go down
Morose

Morose

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Morse rolled here eyes at the boy, "We don't know if they freeze at all yet, Einstein,"she growled at Aleks, crossing her arms as well
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Darren moved forward. "Don't get an attitude just because he proved you wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm

"Even if they didn't freeze," Minnie said, "the cold and precipitation would deter them. I've seen it occur when it rains. It's difficult for them to hold together when the rain is falling right through them."
Back to top Go down
Morose

Morose

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Morse let out a sigh, "At least nothing would be much worse if they didn't freeze," she thought aloud. She took a couple of steps to get close to the edge of the front of the store, gazing out over the city and scanning the ground for any movment
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Darren sighed. "Yes. Of course. And if they did freeze we have an advantage. Pros and cons I guess."
Back to top Go down
Morose

Morose

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:08 pm

The red head simply shrugged and continued to watch the ground. Nothing looked wrong, other that the fact that everything around the teens was silent, but Morose just felt that something was off, but she brushed the thought away
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Aleks didn't bother answering. The utter stupidity of some people...
He looked out in the distance along the road, trying to look for any movement.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:12 pm

After a long minute of silence, Minnie spoke up, though softly.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" It seemed to be the most peaceful thing she had seen since the apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Darren laughed. "Yes. Beautiful. Unfortunately I do not have your eyes because all I can see is what this place will look like with a bunch of shadows."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Aleks broke from his trance, turning to her. "Yeah..." he said almost monotonously. Suddenly, a voice boomed from the ladder. Alice appeared, climbing up swiftly. "There you all are! I saw all this snow and thought you went sledding or something without me." she exclaimed, pouting adorably.
Back to top Go down
Darren~Raven

Darren~Raven

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:18 pm

"Us? Without you? Never!" Darren exclaimed with shock. "How could you think such a thing?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)   Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;) Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowflakes are falling on my head~ (Don't laugh at my paraphrasing ;A;)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
After 4 - Blackout :: Aurora, Colorado :: Supermarket :: Rooftop-
Jump to: